Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Sole Purpose/Soul Purpose

I will strive to take what's left of this life and make some meaning out of nonliving.

I will make it matter if the dishes are done and the floors are swept.

My goals will be simple...daily chores and cooking, looking after dogs.

I will want nothing, expect nothing, give and ask and hope for nothing.

It will matter if the laundry needs folded or hung perfectly in the closet.

I'll make cleaning and organizing my passion so everything looks picture perfect even if no one ever sees it. I may even take up ironing.

I will make the things that don't really matter, matter because they will always be here, they will always need me, they will never fail me. This will be my sole purpose.

When I grow bored I will seek knowledge in the study of philosophy, history and the natural world and I will leave this world having tidied things up, having made myself more knowledgable and far less than love could have made me.


And yet...


If only I knew the promise of love I would open my heart. Life would spring forth from me

like water gushing from a fountain, recirculating, recycling, a never ending flow of love.

Joy would return, petals would open, smiles deep, sensual and warm would be given and worn, the heart sun would beam and my tears would taste like honey...if only I could live my soul purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment