Sunday, May 17, 2020

if i could


i would say i love you
but more than that
i would show you

i would tell you stories
and do silly things
just to hear you laugh


i would never be careful with my kisses.
never

i would make you soup
whenever you said
"soup sounds good."

i would paint my toes
in rainbow colors
and wear my hair up
just the way you love it

i would put on silky, lacy things
just to see your reaction
before i seduce you

i would teach you things
and you would teach me
and together we would become more
than we are separately

i would love you to sleep
with a night of passion
then love you awake
in the morning
with hot sweet coffee and kisses

when you least expect it
i would sneak up behind you
wrap my arms around you
and press myself against your back

if i could
i would weave myself into your flesh
so you would know
how loving you feels

5-17-20
for J

No comments:

Post a Comment