Monday, September 7, 2020

until

i counted the moments

until i could see you

until we could live 

lips touching teasing

until passion overtook


every day i watched for your words

letting you reach out to me first

to know i wasn't the one pursuing

that it was you reaching for me


and now i count the moments 

waiting for time to pass

filling my days with mundane tasks

and pointless conversations


love has alway been the only thing

that gives me purpose

that makes me feel anything

be it passion or sorrow


for twenty four months

i wished the time away

until we were together again

now i simply wish it away


i am sleeping more these days

a good way to hide 

to not face time or truth

there is no reason to awaken


i am not living

only existing

only waiting

only breathing

until i stop












 


No comments:

Post a Comment