Monday, August 24, 2020

who?

 who will ask how i slept last night or care about my day?

and who will care that my toes shine ferrari red or my eyes are a blue million miles?

i have put away the slippers purchased just for you and all the little lacy things that no one else will see.

the birthday card you sent me is now tucked inside a drawer with all the other cards you've sent

and the jewelry that you bought for me will not touch my skin again.  

who will always tell to be safe whenever i go and want to know if i arrived or made it home safely?

who will make me laugh and dance and make me feel alive? 

who will be thrilled to see me as much as i am thrilled to see them?

and who will say i love you and adore you and make me feel that?

no one.










No comments:

Post a Comment