Saturday, August 22, 2020

what concerns me...

 ...is that as time goes by my presence in your life will become less and less important

...that you will look upon our time together as fond memories while i look at it as bittersweet memories and precious time i can't get back

...that my expectations for giving and receiving love have been raised too high because of what we shared

...that even though you may not have been consciously aware, you used me to feel empowered and adequate

...that i will never get over you

...that this is the end and the final chapter of love in my life and this life will never give me anything more than that taste of the one thing i've always wanted

...that life will continue but cease to have any real meaning because love is the only thing that gives it real meaning and substance

...and that without love i will continue to feel lost and apathetic about life and anything else in it

as i write these things i know i sound pathetic and like a victim.  it's not so much that i feel like a victim. i went into this thing knowing the circumstances.  i am at fault for being vulnerable, for allowing myself to feel something too good to be true and sustainable if both parties aren't fully invested.  i didn't intend for this to happen and i am not a victim, only a fool for thinking my heart wouldn't get involved.  





 


No comments:

Post a Comment