Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A Note from your Mother on Earth Day


Dear Children of Earth,
As you can see from the effects of covid-19 causing you to slow down, I am healing. It saddens me that it has taken something as extreme as a pandemic for me to breathe and perhaps for many of you to realize the damage caused to your mother. My hope is that by seeing blue skies, clean air and water and the return of wildlife to areas previously abandoned, that you have become more conscious of your impact and your responsibility towards me, your home.
If you have learned anything from this, I hope it will be that small things matter in the big picture. If you can continue to curb your carbon emissions by organizing the trips you make in your cars and planes once this virus recedes you and I both will reap the benefits. If you continue to support small, local businesses for your needs you will continue to grow your local economy, support your neighbors and keep mass producing corporations from polluting the air and water quite so much with their waste. By making small sacrifices, (which really aren't sacrifices at all), you can keep me a greener and cleaner planet for your children and grandchildren to thrive in. Not only will they learn from your behavior, both they and I will be happier and healthier for the choices and efforts you make today and every day.
i want to remind you that the place you call, “away”, does not exist. Nothing disappears, it only changes form. Some of it to a beneficial form, but most of it not. I ask that you think about this and in doing so you will consider the acts of reducing and reusing whenever and in whatever way you can. These may seem like fruitless or pointless efforts but they are not. Like every drop of rain in the ocean, each act has a ripple effect and the simple act of caring changes everything.
You, dear children, are the stewards of both Earth and Sky and most definitely the future. May you all become sentient beings, remembering your connection to me, your mother, for that is your true nature. I am here to support and sustain you, but I need you to care for me so I can continue to care for you. Walk gently my children, walk gently, for every day is Earth Day.
All my love,
Mother Earth
p.s. Plant trees
(c) 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment