Friday, November 29, 2019

I Know What I Want...




and until then I will remain alone.

You see,
I want a man who will fight to keep me-
a golden hearted prince
who recognizes the truth-
that he can't picture his life without me.
A man who will love my darkness
as much as my light,
who doesn't expect perfection
any more than I do,
but will love me simply because I'm me.
I want a man who will understand
how great a gift my love is
and how I compliment his life.
I want a man I can love and nourish,
who wants to learn and explore
every aspect of each other
and grow our relationship,
a man who will be strong enough
to stand in awe of my femininity and strength
and gentle enough to cherish
the vulnerable child in me.
I don't want just any man.
No, I want a man who gives me
reasons to smile, makes me laugh,
and dives into the depths
of passion and pleasure with me.
That man will understand
the gift of my love and choose me
because.that man will realize 
I am the end of his search for completeness
and he is the end of mine.

Until then I will remain alone.

(c)s.cooper
11-29-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment